You have to complete the course as quickly as possible.
Desktop computer or laptop with separate mouse.
Some tips on how to play Catching Features:
- Use a separate mouse
- Hold the space bar to look at the map while running
- Press 1 to zoom in and 2 to zoom out
- Press R to focus the map on your current leg
- Press W to move the map up, S to move it down, A left, and D right
- Hold alt while running to jump – this can be helpful if you get stuck and can’t move!
- Press right mouse button to run backwards (slowly)
- Paths can be hard to see
- It’s difficult to relocate, so stay in contact with the map
- Practice helps! Catching Features definitely gets easier after you’ve played on a few different maps
You’ll be ranked by:
- firstly, which course you complete – for example, everyone who completes the Hard Course will be ranked above those who complete the Easy course
- then, the total time you take to complete the course
Go into Competition mode in Catching Features and choose a short course to warm up on – quit early if you need to so you’re still fresh for the stage.
Ready to play?
Fair play: To make it a fair competition, you must only do the course once – your first go is the one that counts!
|Area||JK 1971 Relay – We used it for the final at the first ever Lockdown Orienteering competition – now we let you all sample it!|
|CF Map Maker||Color|
Start with the hardest course you think you can do. If you find it too hard, stop and go to the easy course. You cannot do an easier course followed by a harder course.
When you’re ready to play:
- Open Catching Features and select Competitions.
- Select OUnlocked – Best of 2020 -JK 1971 Hard/Easy.
- Complete the course, as quickly as you can!
- Submit your course and time via our results website.
You MUST complete this stage by 23:59 on Tuesday 29th December
If you have any issues, please contact us.