You have to complete the course as quickly as possible.
Desktop computer or laptop with separate mouse.
Some tips on how to play Catching Features:
- Use a separate mouse
- Hold the space bar to look at the map while running
- Press 1 to zoom in and 2 to zoom out
- Press R to focus the map on your current leg
- Press W to move the map up, S to move it down, A left, and D right
- Hold alt while running to jump – this can be helpful if you get stuck and can’t move!
- Press right mouse button to run backwards (slowly)
- Paths can be hard to see
- It’s difficult to relocate, so stay in contact with the map
- Practice helps! Catching Features definitely gets easier after you’ve played on a few different maps
You’ll be ranked by:
- firstly, which course you complete – for example, everyone who completes the Short Course will be ranked above those who complete the Easy course
- then, the total time you take to complete the course
Go into Competition mode in Catching Features and choose a short course to warm up on – quit early if you need to so you’re still fresh for the stage.
Ready to play?
Fair play: To make it a fair competition, you must only do the course once – your first go is the one that counts!
|CF Map Maker||Color|
|Courses||Women’s Short Course – hard|
Easy – short and easy
Start with the Short Course. If you find it too hard, stop and go to the easy course. You cannot do an easier course followed by a harder course.
When you’re ready to play:
- Open Catching Features and select Competitions.
- Select OUnlocked – WOC99 – Women’s Short/Easy.
- Complete the course, as quickly as you can!
- Submit your course and time via our results website.
You MUST complete this stage by 16:00 UK Time on Sunday 15th November.
If you have any issues, please contact us.