- Final information – bottom of this page. Especially important for first timers!
- Facebook group
- Twitter (no account needed)
- Sunday – Grand Finals and Weekend Roundup 20:00 UK Time
- Interview with Sarah Brown
- Stage Comments
Wednesday 23rd December
Tuesday 29th December
|23:59||Deadline for finishing stages 7-10 and submitting scores|
Wednesday 30th December
|Link to Stage Info||Finish Time|
|Stage 1||RouteChoiceGame||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 2||Matching Maps||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 3||The Maze!||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 4||TrailO||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 5||Photo Memory-O||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 6||Rapid Route Game||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 7||SkiO||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 8||Catching Features: World Island Map||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 9||Catching Features: JK 1971 Relay||23:59 Tuesday|
|Stage 10||Catching Features: Sprint||23:59 Tuesday|
|Catching Features: The Grand Final|
- Results Website
- Stage 2: Matching Maps – Solutions 1-5
- Stage 2: Matching Maps – Solutions 6-10
- Stage 2: Matching Maps – Your Answers
- Stage 2: Matching Maps – Stats
- Stage 4: TrailO – Solutions Stations 1,2 (In this document 1 and 4 from World O Day)
- Stage 4: TrailO – Solutions Station 3 (number 3 in this doc – from June/Argentina weekend
- Stage 4: TrailO – Solutions Stations 4,5 (number 2 and 4 in this doc – from British Open)
- Stage 4: TrailO – Your Answers
- Stage 4: TrailO – Stats
- Stage 5: Photo Memory O – Solutions 1-5 (Team Weekend)
- Stage 5: Photo Memory O – Solutions 6-10 (Junior Weekend, also 6-10)
- Stage 5: Photo Memory O – Your Answers
- Stage 5: Photo Memory O – Stats
- Stage 6: Rapid Route – Solutions – 1,2,3,4 from June/Argentina Weekend, 5,6,7 from British Weekend, 8,9,10 from Junior/Turkey Weekend.
- Stage 6: Rapid Route Game – Your Answers
- Stage 6: Rapid Route Game – Stats
- Stage 7: SkiO – Stats
Important: All times are British Winter Time (GMT), which is UTC and CEST-1.
To allow us to finalise results, you MUST complete all stages and submit your scores by the time above.
If you’re late submitting your score, you’ll lose 50 points (unless your lateness is caused by the organisers).
Honesty is crucial! In some stages it’s possible to cheat, but we’re trusting that you won’t. For each stage, your first attempt is the one that counts. #fairplay
Age classes, categories and prizes
- 10-stage (with Catching Features)
- 7-stage (without Catching Features)
There are prizes for the winners in open, junior (and maybe) seniors.
The Grand Finals – Catching Features
There will be 2 mass start, livestreamed Catching Features races for those in the top 6 positions. One with the top girls and one with the top guys! Races will take place between 20:00-21:00 on Wednesday evening.
We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop for some stages, rather than a phone or tablet.
We also recommend using a mouse, rather than a touchpad, especially if you’re playing Catching Features.
Results and scoring
You’ll use the results system both to upload your results (for stages that don’t do this automatically) and to see your position in the overall rankings.
We’ll award points for each stage by ranking your performance against the other competitors. First place gets 1000 points, second place 999 points, third place 998 points, and so on. If you fail to complete a stage, you get 0 points.
To get the overall results in each category, we’ll add up the points from your best stages:
- For the 10-stage category, your best 8 stages count towards your total points.
- For the 7-stage category, your best 6 stages count towards your total points.
The person with the highest total points is the winner!
If you miss the deadline for submitting your score for a stage, you’ll lose 50 points (unless your lateness is caused by the organisers).
The results should update live. Please make sure to submit your scores for the stages that aren’t automatic results.
We’ve given everyone a competition number to help us manage the results. You can find your competition number on the results page. If you’ve taken part in our previous competitions, you should have the same number.
We’ll be hosting a roundup at 20:00 UK time on Wednesday evening, where we’ll discuss the weekend stages with competitors and course setters. We’ll also be showing Catching Features Grand Final on Wednesday night.
We’re using the same Facebook group as we did for the Lockdown Orienteering competitions – a way to get a bit of that big event atmosphere!
Remember to wait until after the deadline for each day before posting anything that might help people on that day’s stages.
If you’re not on Facebook, we’ll post any announcement we make in the Facebook group on our Twitter account, which you don’t need an account to access.
If you have general questions, it’s best to post them on the Facebook group, because others might be able to help you more quickly than we can (we might be sleeping!). Alternatively, you can contact us here or by email, please include your competitor number.
This competition is designed to give you all some orienteering fun! If you do need to make a protest, you can email us and we’ll consider it – but the organiser’s decision is final!